The weekends are a great time for developing strategy. When the phone isn’t ringing and your email isn’t constantly pinging with new messages, you can have some quiet time to think about ways to create better opportunities in the week ahead. Getting the best opportunities is all about putting yourself in the right place at the right time, and that idea also applies for small businesses. Here are 10 ideas for getting better opportunities for your small business.
1. Meet With Your Clients.
Your clients are your main source of opportunity. If they need additional services or they know someone who could use your business, setting up regular meetings with your clients can provide you with better opportunities. They can also give you some insight to services you don’t currently offer but should.
2. Develop New Services
When you offer a new range of services, you’re opening your businesses doors to new customers. If you’re scrambling to get good opportunities with your current business structure, try expanding.
3. Create an Inbound Marketing Strategy
With inbound marketing, you develop a strategy to get found. Using social media, blogs, and SEO, you get customers to find you – meaning with the right strategy, you’ll never run out of opportunities.
4. Push a Solution
Stop trying to think about getting a sale and start thinking about solving a problem. When you approach potential customers with the idea that you’re there to help them, you’ll be more aware of your opportunities.
5. Guest Blog
Guest blogging gets your name in front of a new group of people. Find blogging partners that fit well with your message and already has an audience of your target market.
6. Network, network, network
Your network will always be valuable. Use your social media audience, your mentors and partners, or even acquaintances to develop new leads, new services, or new strategies.
7. Know The Buyer’s Every Step
Very rarely will a customer discover your services and immediately make a purchase. If you understand how to get the customer’s attention, connect with them, then continue to follow up, you’ll be able to push them better. With a step-by-step strategy, you won’t miss out on potential opportunities.
8. Adopt Consultative Selling
Consultative selling is all about knowing what your client or customer needs and giving it to them. Stop trying to make your services fit to anyone for everything. Find the right audience with the right needs, and explain how your services can solve their problems.
9. Always meet your sale’s leads goals
New opportunities are found when you reach out. If you’re not always reaching out for new clients or customers, you’re not going to get the opportunities you’re looking for. Set a goal for the number of leads you want to pursue each day or week and always meet that goal.
10. Use the 80/20 Rule
The 80/20 rule says to focus 80% of your day working on marketing or sales and the other 20% completing all your other tasks. Adopting this strategy for a few weeks can get you tons of new leads and opportunities. Great opportunities aren’t a matter of luck. They’re a matter of who goes out and works the hardest to get them. This weekend, think of how you can apply one of these strategies to your week ahead. Each week, add in a new strategy. You’ll be surprised how many opportunities find their way to you. If you’ve read this far, it’s clear you want to be better and that’s what we love doing for our clients – helping them be better. Did you know over the past few years we’ve achieved the following, totally life-changing results for our clients;
- Helped two business partners from Bondi, NSW double their business from $250,000 to over $500,000 in under 8 weeks
- Took a Physio from Brisbane, Australia from a hole in the wall, doing just over $100k, and added an additional $750,000+ per year to his business (this one took 12 mths…)
- And took one 25 yo female client from a measly $700 per week to over $24,000 per week (In just 18 mths and we’re still going…)
Because so many people have asked us how we’ve achieved these results, we decided to create a video to document the process – which boiled down into a few simple strategies that we put into a FREE case study video, and we’re happy to share these with you also. There’s no cost, and no strings, we just want to get all this info out there. We believe that everyone should be the best they can be. And we hope you’re one of those people. Click Here to check it out now.